Friday, September 26, 2008

Dory the Fish

Ok, I'm back now. Kind of. We're currently suffering some crisis on the childcare front - so I'm a little stressed out.

Any who - I'm just about finished with my second manuscript and feeling pretty good about it, as a rough draft anyway. My sister hasn't finished reading what she has yet, so I'm still waiting for that review. And the crappy economy is really taking a bite out of this road to publishing adventure for me. With publishers purchasing so far in advance (similar to the way movie production companies buy scripts), they can go several months - possibly up to a year, without buying anything and still have new books coming out for up to two years out! Doesn't help on the patience front, but what do you do, right? .....

**Deep Breath** and ... (to be heard in the voice of Dory the fish) Just Keep Writing, Just Keep Writing....

And honestly, there is something to be said about the satisfaction of finishing a manuscript. My first completed manuscript comes in at 529 pages. My current one - unfinished - is at 566. What can I tell you, my characters have a lot to say. I've been trying to keep myself motivated, and that sense of accomplishment is a great feeling.

Okay, that's it for now, I think. Oh, wait, one more thing. Rejection is a lot easier to handle if you have someone or something to blame, so I suppose the current state of the economy is my scapegoat. At least there's a positive thing about it. I guess.

No comments: