Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Random Stuff Friday

I decided to jump on the random stuff Friday. Not that I'm not random most other days of the week, but I figure now I can consolidate it into one once a week post. Yeah? Yeah. So here's this week's Friday's Random 5.

1) A couple weeks ago I colored my hair for the first time in what feels like FOREVER. Since before I had kids. So we did a weave between this wicked red and then a more blendy red. But now I remember why I hated coloring my hair: the maintenance, especially of the red. Red fades. Fast. So now the wicked red? Not so wicked. :( Ah, well, back into see PrettyKateMachine, the cute chicky who does my hair.

2) Sneaky word verifications irk me. Not nearly as much as music on blogs, but still. I type in my comment and hit submit or whatever, think I'm all done and then ta-dah! Just kidding. Verify this word. It's like when you read the first exciting awesome chapter of a book (or an entire book) and get to the end and find out it's all a dream and none of it happened. Suck. Just saying.

3) I've been trying to limit my whiny-ness this week, but I currently have 5 canker sores in my mouth, all over. It hurts. I can't really talk. I can eat even less. I think I've lost about 5 pounds since this whole stupid thing started, and not that that's not a good thing, but I'm HUNGRY! UPDATE: Went to the doctor and I've actually lost 4 lbs, so my guess was pretty good. My mouth still hurts, but they gave me some "magic" mouthwash that is decent, but totally makes my entire mouth tingly numb. But hey, no pain!

4) We had our first experience with non-family babysitter last night. A cute girl, the daughter of one of the guys I work with, and the kidlets LOVED her! They had so much fun and she was so good with them! It was awesome. So glad we found someone, because for a while, I wasn't so sure we'd ever be able to escape the dependence on the family. Not that having them around for support is bad ... it's just, there's some things they just don't "get." Like date nights. Or crit groups. ;)

5) 5yo's first day of Kindergarten was today. I took the day off from work because I remembered how I felt when I dropped her off at pre-school for the first time. But it was all good, because she was excited and I'd already done the leaving at school thing before and I'm actually okay. Unlike the lady in the next car who was sobbing, which I totally expected of myself.

OK, that's it for this week's installment of Random Stuff Friday. This production has been brought to you by the letters K (kindergarten) and E (emotional). And by the number 2 (for 2yo's tantrum to distract me from being emotional when dropping off 5yo).

Have a great holiday weekend for all those in the US and have a great weekend for everyone else!

7 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Aw! Awesome random Friday! I have to add that I had a really hard time leaving my kids with someone who wasn't family for the first time! Have a great weekend Windy! =)

Christine Fonseca said...

Dude, is it weird that I love every random thing in this post????

Angie said...

Hope you have a great weekend too, and I hope your mouth feels better! My daughter started kindergarten this week too, but I was fine. She's #5, so it's not a big deal anymore. Just send them out the door. Have fun! :)

ali cross said...

Yes red is a total PITA but so worth it. :) Your mouth still isn't feeling ant better? I'm sorry. :( and yayfor a good first day for Peyton AND for you! And babysitters! Woot! Go babysitters! Sounds like there was a lot of good fun in your week!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Pineapple gives me canker sores. I know how painful that is! And you gotta love those K2 emo kids :)

Shelley Sly said...

I can't stand word verifications too, especially when I type the word in, hit submit, and find out somehow that I typed it wrong and have to do a second word. Ugh!

You've got a fun and interesting blog here. Glad I found it. :)

lotusgirl said...

I'm with you on the stealthy word verifications. I've been forced to put wv on my because of the spamming, but I checked and double checked to make sure that it would be up with the comment and not pop up later.