Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Recent Reads: The Time Traveler's Wife

Book: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenberger
Book Count: 31
Okay. Lot's of hype. Even a movie. Everyone's talking about and . . . I am not sure what the big deal is. The book was just okay for me. It jumps around a lot (well, duh, because he's time traveling, yeah, I know) and that made it hard for me to get a grasp on the characters. It was very difficult for me to care, I guess.

I LOVE it when I pick up a book and lose sleep reading it because I am so emotionally vested with the lives of the people in the story. I didn't have that here. It was waaaaayyy too all over the place for me. Keep in mind, this is totally just MY opinion. I did like the story as a whole. The premise is still very compelling and does keep me thinking about living life out of order and such, but the book itself. Yeah, well, at least now I can say I've read it.




Plus, as I mentioned in my last Recent Reads post, if you haven't gone back to check out the link I added to see where you can go buy Elana Johnson's From the Query to the Call, here it is: Click HERE and it will take you to Elana's blog where you can buy the book!

3 comments:

MeganRebekah said...

I never read The Time Traveler's Wife for that exact reason. I started it but couldn't get into all the jumping around. It disrupts my reading and doesn't let me get absorbed in the story. I do want to see the movie though.

Elana Johnson said...

I started TTW, but just didn't care. I stopped after only about 50 pages. But so many people loved it. Maybe I'll see the movie.

Karen Denise said...

I have to agree. I just couldn't get into it. It's a pretty bad sign when I'm 30 pages into a book and I can't stop thinking about how many more pages I have until I'm finished.