Monday, March 15, 2010

Click

Have you seen that movie? The one where Adam Sandler's character gets a magic remote control that lets him fast forward, rewind and pause life? I'll admit it, I cried at the end of it. Not the all out sobbing, but, you know, quickly wiping away the tears I felt sliding down my face. It was a cry-worthy movie, I think, but at the time I was watching it, I was in the cardio-cinema at the gym and I just didn't think that was very becoming.

Well, lately I've noticed myself wishing for a pause button. I don't want the other buttons on the magic remote, just pause. Sort of like the line from the Aerosmith song from Armageddon - "I don't wanna miss a thing."

But after much consideration, I've figured out what the best - realistic - pause button is: BJ Anderson's Unplug Week. It's basically a week to not blog, not FB, not Tweet, not Myspace or anything else that keeps you from writing. While you're welcome to check your email etc, as to not let things fall behind that may need your immediate attention, it's to help you focus a bit. Yay to BJ for this concept!

March's Unplug Week begins today, so with that in mind, peace out, all! Catch you next Monday.

And please try not to do anything too much fun without me, while I'm gone? (See, again, the dork in me not wanting to miss anything!)

4 comments:

Angie said...

Have a great unplug week! See you when you come back.

Stephanie said...

Have a great week!!

As much as I love blogging and connecting with other writers, it is last on my list of things to do. The writing comes first :)

Unknown said...

Have a great unplugged week! Blogging is addicting so I understand your nerdiness!!! I'm right there with you!

Suzette Saxton said...

I'm blogging about you today, and LOL you'll miss it! Fun to come back to, though. Have a wonderful week!