1) OK, how much do I love Britney Spears? And then Britney on Glee? Kick ass, if I do say so myself. My parents were pretty strict when I was growing up, so music was definitely an escape for me. And it wasn't until I was old enough - seriously, I was like, 18, that I saw my first concert. And that concert? Britney Spears. Yep. It was on her very first tour at the Utah State Fair and even back then pre-crazy head shaving, the girl can put on a show! Yeah, that concert was followed up with a more elaborate (and way more expensive) Backstreet Boys concert, but we'll save my love of bubblegum pop for another post.
2) In my experience, the migraine hangover is by far worse than any alcohol-induced hangover. Just saying.
3) My nails are still painted tangerine. It's very summery. I'm clinging to the last bits of summer because the awesome sunshine and 90* weather we've been having is NOT going to last. I'm wondering what are good and fun autumn nail polishes, because all the colors I have are summer colors. Suggestions welcome!
4) Here's readerly pet peeve: books that are in the middle of series/trilogies/sagas that don't end. When there is no closure. I get that it is part of a bigger story, but I'm of the firm belief that each book should tie up its own loose ends while providing more insight and moving us along on the bigger story arc. Otherwise, you end up like me, up until 2 a.m. reading a book because I was so into it and then I get to the end and basically ended up yelling at the book to the point that Husband asked if he needed to throw it out the window for me. Yeah. I'm peeved. So much that I don't know if I even want to read the 3rd book. *steps off soapbox*
5) Behind our house is a bakery. They have a little wholesale store that's open to the public where you can buy a variety of freshly baked yummies for way discount from how much you'd pay for their products at the store or gas station. But that's not the best part. The best part is that almost every morning I get to walk outside to the smell of fresh donuts or bread or cookies. Yum for the nose!
Have a great weekend everyone!