1) I have not written down any resolutions. Yet. I don't know if I'm just mentally refusing to accept any set goals (clearly I have commitment issues), or if I'm just in denial. Or maybe it's because I think resolutions shouldn't just be set in January. I'm not sure which argument I'm going with yet. Maybe it means I should just make "stop procrastinating" my first resolution of 2013.
2) Check out what the BiL gave me for Christmas: Noise canceling, sends me off to my own world, Beats by Dre. Complete with Monster cables. I don't know what that last part really means, technically speaking, but apparently they don't make them like this anymore and he had to go 3 different stores to find them. So now I will plug them in, enter the universe I've created in my head, and get some writing done! >>> Sorry I don't have a picture here because Blogger is being lame - AGAIN! <<<
3) Husband is anti-Apple products. Took years to convince him to let me get my Macbook. Let's not even discuss the iPhone. I might be possibly thinking about maybe considering getting an iPad. Eventually. Have to start the negotiations now. At some point in the future. For now, my Macbook will have to do.
4) I still have a HUGE stack of TBR books that were released in 2012 and before ... but I'm already working on my 2013 MUST HAVES. Anything out there that you guys recommend I add to my pile? A few on there already are Clockwork Princess and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, Icons by Margaret Stohl, Crave the Darkness by Amanda Bonilla, Prophecy by Ellen Oh, Senshi by Cole Gibsen, Pivot Point by Kasie West, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Tucholke, Transparent by Natalie Whipple, Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger, and that's just to name a few. What else should I look forward to getting?
5) It was 16* when I backed out of our garage this morning. It was 13* when I dropped 7yo off at school--less than a mile from our house. It was 11* by the time I got the 2 younger kids to daycare. And 9* when I parked in front of the dayjob offices. Apparently as the sun gets higher today, the temperature gets lower. I think I'm taking this as a sign to spend the rest of the weekend in cozy warm sweats with big thick socks, lots of hot tea, and, of course, the laptop for writing and the TBR pile for some good reads.
Have a great weekend everyone!