Thursday, July 1, 2010

It Didn't Burn and Thank You Thursday

If you've been following me on Twitter, especially this week, you'll know I've been pretty paranoid about cooking lately.

When Husband started working nights, dinner (and his lunch for work) fell to me. Now, I'm not necessarily a horrible cook, I'm just not that great. And over the last few weeks when I've been sick, he's picked up a lot of the slack and cooked. I'm cooking again now and I've been very nervous to try again.

You see, the reason he picked up the slack was because I started over- or under-cooking EVERYTHING.  It was abysmal. Looking back I realize why that was: I was physically not well, which made me feel mentally and emotionally spent--I just wasn't into it enough to put the energy forth.

The same reason I didn't do much writing while I was going through everything--I just didn't have the energy for it.

The thing with writing is that there's not always someone there to pick up your slack, literally. No one can write your book for you. But for me, there are people who've been around to help me start putting my head back together, who have been there through all of this to help me piece my thoughts into some semblance of order so I can keep at this whole writing thing.

So today is a Thank You Thursday.

For all those peeps, writerly and not, who've helped me remember why I have to keep trying. I can't thank you guys enough! Have you said thank you to the peeps who help you keep going just by being around?

P.S. *knocks on wood* we're at 3 nights in a row of pretty good dinners that I've cooked. Hopefully the streak holds on!

2 comments:

Stephanie McGee said...

*hugs*

I hope the rest of the dinners go just as well as these last three have. Good luck with the writing, too!

Amanda Bonilla said...

Will you come cook dinner at my house? I'm jealous of your culinary motivation! ;) And I love the new blog layout!!!