Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What Motivates

There are a lot of things that motivate me to achieve my goals. But we're not talking about the number of times I need to listen to Christina Aguilera's Fighter (yes, I admit I listen to the old bubblegum pop. What's not to love?) just so I can make it to the end of my running time on the treadmill.

I'm talking about what it will take me to finish my current wip by the end of the month.

I've had a few not so great days writing where I just could not get to it and that's put me in a position to have to write about 2,500 wpd. And then ... the lovely T Anne Adams dropped a tweetshell on me ... #1k1hr*.

WOW! I used to think 1k a day was a lofty goal. But the #1k1hr on Twitter basically confirmed what I already knew: I have ADD and to give me an entire day to write 1k just left me with 23 hours of excuses. So, uh yeah.

I've been intro'd to a load of new tweeps to write with and the best thing about it? It's so totally spur-of-the-moment you don't have to plan around it!

So if you're interested and want a writing buddy, I'm usually #1k1hr'ng it up later at night. Come hang out and let's see how much you can really get done in an hour!

*#1k1h is a hashtag** often used in association with #amwriting
**hashtag is the identifying subject that allows people to follow a conversation or chat even if they are not following all the people in said conversation or chat.

No comments: