Monday, May 4, 2009

Raining Inspiration

(This picture does not do justice to the darkness that fell with the rain last night... but hopefully you'll get my drift...)

On the way home from dinner yesterday, this was what we were driving into.

Dark.
Menacing.
Dangerous.

What was I thinking? OMG (Seriously, I thought those letters), this is going to be pivotal!

You see, I haven't written much YA Fantasy. I started something a while back and haven't touched it for months. And last night, as my family and I were driving headlong into this mess, because we have no choice seeing as home was that way, I felt like I may have found a key piece to my fantasmic world.

Anyone else out there stumble into something that grabbed onto you so tight, begging to be a part of your life somehow that all you could do was hold on for dear life?

It was something for me to think about as the rain was falling horizontally across our windshield last night.

2 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

The rain was wicked yesterday and last night. I actually wrote, "The rain pelts the glass outside, dripping down the window in a silent stream of tears. It pretty much sums up how I feel about my life."

LOL.

That could be the first line in my novel. I LOVE the sound of rain, the smell. Everything but how it feels on my skin. So I'm sure I'll be putting that imagery into a novel somewhere.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, that is crazy! I guess I missed the rain here in my little Utah corner. Glad you made it through okay.

Yes, I get inspired by things all the time that swirl around me.