Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Buzz

So obviously, I blog.

I also tweet. Twitter? I'm never sure what the right term is.

I have a Facebook page.

I'm on Goodreads.

I check into some forums (when I can remember -- sorry RS peeps!).

I even Gmailchat.

So when I signed into my email yesterday morning and it gives me this pretty, flashy page about Google Buzz, I ask myself, what's this?

And then I see it. And I wonder, where do I draw the line? I'm doing all I can to maintain some semblence of normalcy in life and also have a hand connected to the interwebs if at all possible, but I've seriously gotta draw the line somewhere.

So are you on Gmail? Have you seen it? What do you think?

9 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

Oh, I saw it. I clicked on the button that said "Just take me to my freaking email already." and ignored it.

And then there it was! Right there, this huge symbol thingy under my inbox link. I'm determined not to click on it.

Tana said...

I'm on the slow road to all internet challenges. I think I'll sit back and watch this one take shape. ;)

Stephanie McGee said...

I'm in the same boat as Elana. Not gonna click on the stupid thing. Don't want to know. Don't care to know.

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! I think it's hands-down better than twitter. It's 1. convenient - right there in my inbox and 2. easy to follow. I can't figure out twitter. I've tried. I had this one down in seconds. I feel tech savvy even though I'm so not! 3. easy way to market. You can connect straight to your blogger, youtube and twitter accts to post your updated blogs/book trailers/statues/whatever.


My biggest gripe is that you get two email replies. One to "buzz" and one to "inbox". It was easy to fix the redundancy by setting filters, but still... Why did they do that? Anyway. I like it. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is (I don't have a gmail acct.) but I hear you. I'm already doing a million things!

Stina said...

Oh no! Not some other networking thing to suck up my writing time!

Windy, I've given you the Happy Award because your blog makes me Happy.

Have a great weekend!

Kelsey (Dominique) Ridge said...

I don't use my gmail account enough to have heard of this thing, but even the thought of another social networking concept makes me tired. I say no to this one.

Vonna said...

I took a look at it, but decided I didn't need another social network at this time so I went to settings and turned it off.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I don't really like it. Enough is enough.