Friday, February 5, 2010

Friends Rock & Devil-bugs, well, Don't

Just found out my car needs new brakes. So this morning, I had to drive Husband's Devil-bug to work. Big Kidlet calls it her Ladybug. Thing is louder than all get-out and it feels like you're sitting on the ground. I love that Husband loves it, but I don't. So yeah. I call it the Devil-bug. Visual aid to help you understand:

Anyway, instead of focusing on the $$$ it's gonna cost to take care of my car, I thought I'd highlight the bright side of my past week (and a half) or so.

The lovely Mary Campbell over at Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me gave me the Circle of Friends Awards. I'm not really sure how this works, so I will just dip my head, curtsy and say, thank you much, Mary! I'm so glad we've met. I love meeting people who don't think I'm crazy. Lol!

Also, Elana Johnson gave me the Happy 101 Award. So even though I started this post not so happy, we're going to end on a happy note: with 10 things that make me happy.
  1. My family
  2. Good books
  3. Mrs. Field's Peanut Butter Nibblers
  4. The smell of the inside of a bookstore
  5. Pandora
  6. Days off from day job
  7. Sushi dinners (the good kind you go out for, not the pre-made tray from Wal-mart)
  8. Finishing (a book, a first draft, revisions, a kick-A query, the dishes, the laundry ... etc)
  9. My kidlets' laughs
  10. Cupcakes
This is another of those awards that seem to have been going around, and I'd like to pass it on to all of you, my awesome followers who make me happy every time you pop in for a visit!

Tried to keep it brief. Not sure if it worked. Ahh, well, I'll try again next week.
Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were pretty brief. Hope your car gets fixed soon and you get a safe distance from the devil bug!

Stephanie McGee said...

Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Brief enough. I wouldn't worry about the brief thing too much. :) Like you said yesterday (only in my words because I can't remember exactly how you said it), sometimes to get everything in, depending on content, short posts aren't practical. Though I wouldn't consider this post long anyway.

Kelsey (Dominique) Ridge said...

Brief enough. Don't stress too much about that. You'll know when you're running long.

Have a great weekend.

Angie said...

I loved your list of what makes you happy. Sorry about the car. I'm having car trouble too. :( Hope you have a great weekend.

Windy said...

LT - I shouldn't be so mean about the bug, but I think it smells funny too.

Stephanie - Thanks!

Nisa - I decided it was the pics that made this post long :D But I'm too visual a person to go too many posts without pictures.

Dominique - thanks for the reassurance!

Angie - So sorry for you! Car trouble stinks! Hope yours gets better too!

Tana said...

LOl about the devil-bug. We had a car that looked just like that a while back. At least it's red right? All women look great in red.

It's my DH's B-day. We went out for $u$hi with the whole fam, including in-laws and out-laws. Which reminds me of a joke. What's the difference between in-laws and outlaws? Outlaws are wanted.

Happy early Valentines day!!