Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recent Reads: 3 More!

Book: Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
Book Count: 21

Loved this book. It felt more real than anything I've read in a long time, and that's not to say I haven't enjoyed my recent readings. Maybe it had something to do with the Salt Lake setting, I don't know. The story of Jennifer/Jenna's and Cameron's friendship and how they changed as they grew up just felt deeper. And I knew the ending wasn't what I expected, but I thought it was the perfect ending, because sometimes things don't work out exactly the way we plan, or the way we want them to.





Book: The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano
Book Count: 22

Okay, so this is the book I won from The Knight Agency blog. It's signed and everything. One of my newer treasures. The story is about a woman who has been in the witness protection program for the last 20 of her 26 years. She's changed so many times she isn't entirely positive what her hair color is anymore. But when the U.S. Marshall in charge of her cases "loses" her and she stumbles into the man she's spent almost her entire life hiding from, she doesn't know who the good guy is anymore. A compelling first novel and a great read

Book: Doing It by Melvin Burgess
Book Count: 23

Uh, I think the title says it all.









Still really hoping to get to 100 books by the end of the year . . . I've still got 163 days left to read 77 new books. I can totally do this *crosses fingers, chanting to the tune of the Little Engine That Could* I can do this, I can do this, I can do this . . .

Any and all book recommends are totally accepted! Keep in mind, it isn't that I'm not keeping up and reading constantly, I am, I'm just only counting the NEW books I'm reading. My repeat-recent reads: Diary of a Crush trilogy by Sarra Manning, When It Happens by Susane Colasanti, Wake by Lisa McMann, Harry Potter (#1 - with my 4-year old P), just to name a few.

Currently on the night table:
Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
Fishing On the Edge by Mike Iaconelli
The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Lost It by Kristin Tracy
Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
On list to pick up SOON:
Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Graceling by Kristin Cashores
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Tithe by Holly Black
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Just to name a few ....

No comments: