1) While it is pretty awesome that we've got 5 kick ass YA authors in town for a signing tomorrow, I'm not so sure this is gonna be good for my shoulders / back. Do you know how heavy that many books is?!?! Take into account the ones I'm getting signed for myself, a couple few for good friends who couldn't make it and then a few that may *ahem* show up on here for, yanno, one reason or a *cough* contest *cough* another.
What was that?!?? You haven't entered to win a signed copy of Ally Condie's MATCHED yet? Well what are you waiting for?!?! Run ... er ... CLICK HERE! I bet there will even be cupcakes in it for you!
2) So for the first time since I got it (back in June) Captain Nook's battery is about dead. And low and behold, what do I discover? I can't find the freakin' charger cord. Great. :( Good thing I have to go hit up B & N anyway.
3) I have self-imposed deadlines from now through the end of June for writerly stuff. We'll see how this pans out, seeing as it involves writing lots of "first three chapters" and, uh, I am not one of those people who actually writes chronologically. And also lots of outlining and I am so totally an organic writer. This should be interesting.
4) Oh look! While Captain Nook's charger cord has gone missing, I just found the charger cord for my bluetooth headset. The universe is totally toying with me.
5) When I was little my mom and I used to go to the little Asian store and she'd rent VHS tapes of Thai la khons aka soap operas. This was like, a weekly thing so she could watch her shows. This has been going on for years. Well, she recently discovered she can watch the la khons on YouTube. It's like a mini-Netflix for her, but without the $9.99 fee. Great, whatever. Except now my siblings are kickin' themselves for introducing her to this. Why? Here's my sister's tweet from last night:
Yes, she's gone psycho because my sister's laptop wouldn't turn on so she could use it to watch the la khons on YouTube. Forget that my sister was doing her homework at the time ... what's this world coming to?
I better go let my mom know her la khons aren't leaving YouTube any time soon and my sister probably should finish her homework. Have a nice weekend everyone!