1) Being sick totally sucks.
2) It was starting to warm up and feel like spring around here and suddenly... BAM! Wednesday night into Thursday the wind picked up something fierce and the snow swirled around so much you could barely see. And now, it's all nice and sunny again. Ahh, to live in a place where Mother Nature is a bit schizophrenic. Always interesting.
3) I'm hoping this weekend's weather is nice, though. We've got an old overgrown plum tree we want to get cut down before the mama robin who uses it as her summer cabin returns and sets up her nest. I don't know where she'll take her summer vacations once the tree is gone, but honestly, I'll be happy to be rid of her. She is MEAN! Like, dive bomb you because you got too close to her tree even though your car is parked beneath it mean. It's scary.
4) Saturday is my grandma's birthday. We're not really sure how old she is. And we're not really sure what day in February her birthday actually is. This isn't because she's one of those old women who have fibbed about her age until no one remembers the number. This is because she was born in Laos a long long time ago. And in Laos a long long time ago they weren't so great at record keeping. According to our guess of her age, I think she's going to be 74. My mom just turned 50. And has 2 older sisters. So really, I'm not sure if that's an acc
urate age for my grandmother to be. But we'll just go with it. It's not like anyone can tell us we're wrong, right?
5) So remember two Fridays ago when I posted about 5yo's "accidental" drawing on her pants? I thought that was a little funny. Well, I do you one better today. When I went to pick her and her sister up from my parents' house (where they stay on my parents' days off), I saw this:
And no, I'm not laughing. That's right. That is 5yo's arm with what looks to either be the first part of a phone number (of possibly some super-hot 6yo?), or the entirety of some kind of inmate number. Apparently, when my child is bored, she's decided that giving herself something akin to prison tattoos - with a Sharpie, no less - is acceptable. Let's just say, there will be a great deal of long sleeve wearing for the new inmate at the Aphayrath Correctional Facility.
I'm off to figure out how to scrub permanent marker off her arm. Open to any suggestions! Hope everyone has a happy weekend!