Thursday, July 16, 2009

When It Rains

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program, er, planned blog post with an important message:

Due to some vehicular malfunctions, the continuation of the Covers conversation has been rescheduled to . . . a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience.


If you're interested, here's what happened. (I didn't even have time to upload pictures!)


Last week the inside driver's side door handle of my car broke off. I guess I just don't know my own strength. We waited for the new part to come in. Yesterday, the window - which I had been rolling down to reach out and open the door from the outside - decided it no longer wanted to roll down. I had to crawl out the passenger door. And you can only do that so gracefully. Luckily, the part came in and my husband was going to fix it.


At the parts shop to pick up the new door handle, Husband calls and tells me his muffler fell off. Just fell off. Well, italso got wedged underneath the back end of his car, but it is all taken care of now. So he needs a new muffler (and piping or whatever goes with an exhaust). This comes after last week when his radiator blew.


So *sigh* I didn't get to finish up my research for the blog post. Suck. I was actually starting to *gulp* like research. Sort of.


Anyway, I guess when it rains, it pours.


1 comment:

Being Beth said...

Just wait until your children are driving. IT's mechanical failure every week.

The mental image of you crawling out the passenger window is just too funny. I'm not sure I could do that anymore. Hopefully I'll not have to try.

Hope the "rain" dries up and suny skies are ahead for you.