Thursday, May 6, 2010

Twitterly-dee, Twitterly-do

I love Twitter.

There, I said it.

You don't have to like Twitter, but of all social networking I couldn't give up at this point, it would be Twitter. Why, you ask? I've personally got a couple reasons.


#1) It's 140 characters. That's it. No extras. Unless you really want then, then you can go off and sign up for them. (TwitPic, Twishorts, etc)

#2) The opportunity to "chat" with people I wouldn't otherwise get to talk to. Like I've had convo's with Cindy Pon about sushi and persimmons and discussed my love for Tobey Bell with Susane Colasanti (go read her book When It Happens if you don't know who he is) while getting the latest news updates and participating in discussions with publishing pros with #askagent, #kidlitchat and #yalitchat

Oh, and I guess there's one more... a very important one, I think.

#3) Research. That's right. I said it. I thought I left it behind with my senior thesis in college too, but alas, no.  You see, I hate research. Oh, there are few things I despise more than research ... but what is not to love about how quickly you can get an answer on Twitter? Yes, you can do this with your FB status update too, I suppose, but I've found there's something so much more personal about commenting on someone's FB that often I hesitate to say anything if I don't know them. Twitter takes away the "wallflower" aspect for me.

What about you? Which Social Networking medium could you not live without if you could only pick one?

P.S. If you haven't already, don't forget to enter my Elizabeth Scott is Awesome contest - it's running through Sunday at Noon, EST.  Oh, and you can follow her on twitter too @escottwrites :)

Tweet, tweet!

6 comments:

Pam Harris said...

My name is Pam, and I'm a Twitter-holic. Seriously, I love it so much that I made sure to get a new phone so that I'd have quicker access to it. I love how we get to connect with people from all over the world, and I also love how it helps us get insight from the publishing industry. I've learned so many pet peeves and preferences from agents just by following their tweets. Great post! :)

Stephanie McGee said...

It would be Twitter for me, too. Though the chats still intimidate me.

Christine Fonseca said...

ONe - only ONE...yeah, can't do that. I like FB and twitter for different reasons - and I interact with different people on them...so yeah, sorry...can't pick

Tess said...

I'll get to this someday..it is on my 'to do' list. thanks for the encouragement.

Suzette Saxton said...

I wish I loved it. I was telling Elana today that I am Twitter-tarded. :-/

lisa and laura said...

I started off not liking Twitter, but man has it grown on me. I'm officially in love now. I've found that I've gotten to know all kinds of new people with my random little tweets and that makes me so happy! Tweet on, baby. Tweet on!