Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recent Reads: The Mortal Instruments Trilogy

I did a full Recent Reads on City of Bones and you can check it out here. But a few days later, when I finished the series, I thought I should have waited and done all 3 together.

Book: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Count: 10

As I've already said in my in detail posting .... LOVED it! Clary gets pretty kick-A. Toss her in with some memorable, endearing and beautiful killers and you get demon-hunting fighters who know how to throwdown and kick some ass. And so my infatuation with Jace Wayland begins.




Book: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Count: 11

Ahh, the return of Clary, Jace and their band of merry demon-killing Shadowhunter friends. Throw in a few Downworlders (yanno, werewolves, vampires, warlocks and faeries) and you've got yourself a boat full of trouble!

For the 2nd book in a series, this was great. In many cases, I have found the second or middle books in series tend to move a little slow and be my not-so-faves (i.e. New Moon) but this did not fall onto that shelf!

P.S. Yeah, still completely enthralled with Jace, though I do find Simon very lovable in his own goofy way


Book: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Count: 12

The oftenmentioned in the previous books land of Idris and the beautiful City of Glass, Alicante. Homeland of Shadowhunters, Idris is beautiful, Alicante is magnificent. And finally the pieces of the life Clary's mother has hidden from her fall into place.

A fantabulous end to an awesome trilogy. Left me wanting more, yet I think I'd rather imagine what comes next then be told and left with disappointment. Again, if I haven't said it enough about all of these books: There is some awesomeness to be experienced here.
Oh, and by the way, did I mention that I've completely fallen for Jace? ; P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked this series too. I wasn't a big fan of the second one though. For me, it was pretty slow.