Friday, January 16, 2009

Getting Old

Yay! It's Friday!
I don't know about anyone else, but this felt like a crazy long week to me. Work has been super busy. The kids are all over the place - especially since the baby's starting to crawl now, and I just feel like I totally need a nap. For the most part, for years now, I've been a night owl. Rarely going to sleep before 2 or 3 in the morning, and forget anything earlier than midnight, but this week, I've been out as soon as the kids were in bed. What's going on??? Maybe all those years of sleepless nights is finally catching up to me. Or I'm just getting old.
I found out on Monday that I'm going to San Diego with work on next Monday. I was looking forward to the trip, even though I'll only be in California for a total of 24 hours, but it should be a really productive meeting. (Keeping my fingers crossed, anyway.) But after the US Airways-flock-of-birds-forcing-a-Hudson-River-landing situation yesterday, I am a little freaked out. The flight's only an hour and a half and I've flown into San Diego several times before, but . . . oh, I can feel it, I better stop talking about it, my hearts starting to pound and I can feel my blood pressure rising. . . hmmm, maybe another symptom of my old age?
See you when I'm safe in San Diego!

No comments: