Monday, June 29, 2009

Recent Reads: Wicked Lovely (Series to date)

Yep, another multi-book update! Mostly because this was yet another series I got into and had to stay up 3 nights in a row to finish all of them.
I love it when I get AWESOME book recommendations from friends! The only issue here: the series isn't finished **sigh** but at least I KNOW there is some good reading coming. Eventually.

Book: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Book Count: 16
Aislinn sees faeries, and these aren't the Disney Tinkerbell sort of faeries. These are the ones that are beautiful, powerful and dangerous. So long as Aislinn followed the Rules she was raised with having the Sight hasn't been a problem really, but when the faeries change the Rules, Aislinn's left trying to figure out how to hold onto everything and everyone she holds close, especially her best friend Seth.

Okay, loved this book. So much, I immediately had to go out and get the others that were out. Just enough darkness in the storytelling to make the light of the story really shine.



Book: Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
Book Count: 17
Second in the series, but told from the perspective of one of Aislinn's friends, Leslie. She doesn't have any clue as to the existance of faeries or anything about their parallel worlds, but when she sees a strange and eerie tattoo, she finds herself completely drawn to it and ends up in the midst of the faery world.

I understand the additional darkness in this book, as it revolved around the faery Dark Court, and maybe that was what made me like it just a little less. Still was a great story and a great lead in to the third book.


Book: Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Book Count: 18
The actual sequel to Wicked Lovely this is a continuation of Aislinn's story and the changes that have transpired in her life and with her relationship with Seth. There are power struggles and loves and loss and a deeper understanding of every word a faery speaks.

Wow, is about all I can say. Melissa Marr continues to pull me further into this alternate universe she has created. I couldn't put this one down and I loved getting even further into Seth's head.

Overall, if you haven't read these books, go get them. Read them. Soon. Even if it is an indefinite wait on the next ones (Ms. Marr's blog/website have stated there will be 5 books in the series) it will be a worthwhile wait.

P.S. Yeah, I'm a total sucker for hot guys in books and I'm totally crushing on Seth Morgan... ;-P

No comments: