Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Recent Reads: Angels, Demons and Clues ... on a Wednesday

Book: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Book Count: 32

Nora's new lab partner has the hots for her. Either that or he's a psycho who is stalking her and plotting her death. But Patch is way more than he seems and Nora quickly learns that he may be the only one she can trust. Even if he's fallen from grace.

The only thing I dislike about this? It's the first of a series. I was oh-so trying to not start any new series because I get all anxious about when the next one's coming out.



Book: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
Book Count: 33

This is the story of Alice. Ray kidnapped Alice several years ago and is now holding her captive. At 15, Alice is swiftly growing up and out of the little girl shell Ray has tried to keep her in for all these years.

Be forewarned, this book covers a heavy topic and at times (most of the time) is pretty disturbing. But it is a beautifully told story from Alice's perspective. It is a story of survival and love and human nature, the good side and the bad.

If you didn't already know, I am a HUGE Elizabeth Scott fan. I've read almost every single one of her books and have loved all of them. This one included.



Book: Paper Towns by John Green
Book Count: 34

Margo is the girl Quentin's been in love with since they were little kids. As they grow up, they grow apart: he becomes a school band groupie (because his 2 best friends are in the band) and she becomes the girl he'll never get. When Margo suddenly disappears after having spent the night before with Q, exacting revenge, Q begins to question who Margo really was.

Seriously I was laughing out loud. And books like that are always fantastical. Just sayin.

6 comments:

Rebecca L Sutton said...

I LOVE Hush, Hush and Paper Towns! But I guess the fact that my sister and I run the Hush, Hush fansite is a bit of a giveaway. lol

A friend suggested I read Paper Towns when I was planning a book with a male first person POV and I fell in love with John Green's style. I can't wait to read the rest of his books. You're right, this one had me laughing out loud in parts, and I was so uncertain about how it would all end. Love that!

Anonymous said...

Two of those I hadn't heard of. I'll have to check them out right away. =]

Bethany Wiggins said...

If Hush Hush is half as good as the cover, It'll be awesome!

Unknown said...

As you can tell from my blog, (since I interviewed Becca) I'm a big Hush, Hush fan. But if you want to read something AWESOME, like Hush, Hush meets Papertowns meets To Kill a Mockingbird..read Beautiful Creatures, my fave read of the year (barring of course Catching Fire and City of Glass).

Kate Hart said...

All 3 of these are on my list-- I just have to get a copy of Hush, Hush-- and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them all!

Windy said...

Rebecca - Yep, I figured you for a fan of Hush, Hush.

LT - All three were fantastic reads! I'd recommend all of them.

Bethany - The cover of Hush, Hush is beautiful, the story inside is even better!

Lisa - Beautiful Creatures is totally on my to read! The authors were here for a little launch party and I couldn't make it!! :(

Kate - Happy Reading!