Friday, March 4, 2011

Random Stuff Friday

1) Finally am starting to feel better now. Hopefully the weekend will give me a chance to get all back to normal, bloggerly speaking. I've been playing catch up for the last week and a half and I hate feeling like I'm falling behind on everything.

2) I've been having some Twitter issues of late and I've found it thoroughly annoying. For some reason, my Twitter/Tweetdeck disconnected itself from Facebook and now my statuses don't flow through. I've done everything I can to fix this, so if you think you can help me ... please? HELP? ... in the mean time, I've resorted to using the Selective Tweets app, which is a pain because I constantly forget the #fb.

3) OK, again ... sorry sorry sorry to all my bloggerly friends who don't live in Utah and want to participate in Brodi Ashton's EVERNEATH ARC tour. I just don't have the bandwidth to go beyond Utah and I'm coordinating everything with Brodi ... so yeah. Sorry. I don't mean to exclude anyone, I just cannot logistically handle that and, yanno, have a life too. Forgive me? Please? Maybe I need to bribe you with prizes for forgiveness? ... hmmm ... I feel a contest coming ... stay tuned .....

4) I don't mean to sound mean here, I'm just repeating a child's observation. The other night after dinner, the kidlets were having Girl Scout Cookies for dessert and 5yo picked up the box of Thin Mints and said, "Mommy, how come if these are Girl Scout Cookies there are only boys on the box?" This was the side of the box she pointed out to me.

5) Finally bits and pieces of spring are starting to appear at our house so you know what that means ... yard work! I probably sound way more enthusiastic about this than I should, but really, Husband and I have some plans for this year that include cutting down up to 4 trees, finally getting a half-decent flowerbed in, AND finally killing the overgrown hydrangea bushes in the backyard (inherited from previous owners). Lofty goals, but I figure, we've got about 6 months to get all this work in, so good luck to us!

Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better ... and that spring is coming :-)

Diane said...

NO Spring yet here in NY. Bummer! Hope you enjoy your spring cleaning! :O)

Tana said...

My daughters a GS. I'm going to point that out to her!

ali cross said...

Definitely happy wishes on the yard work! We started "fixing up" our backyard in earnest two summers ago, and the whole thing is just taking forever! And heck, I have a hard enough time keeping up on my inside housework, yet alone the OUTSIDE stuff!

Hope this weekend kicks you all the way back into the living!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Yeah. What is up with the boys on the box? Conspiracies, I tell you.

Oh, the yard work. I freaking hate the yard work. But, it must be done. Because if not, your bushes will take over the yard (trust me on this) and the children will go all Lord of the Flies with the neighbor kids. And you won't be able to see them to stop it.

Angie said...

Glad you are feeling better. That sounds like quite the ambitious landscaping project. Good luck with it!

Nichole Giles said...

Okay, yay for yardwork and sunshine! Good luck. We're going to need luck to muck out all the leftover junk that didn't get done in the fall while DH was back east.

And that cookie box...wow.

But glad you're starting to feel better.Spring is almost here!

Shanda said...

So tired of the cold winter that I'm actually excited about being able to do yard work again, too. And, boy, do we have a lot to do.

We must not have any girl scouts around here to sell us any cookies. Haven't seen a girl scout cookie box in years. Now I'm really craving Thin Mints!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. No fun being sick. :(