Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Beginning of the End

I'm back!

Did you guys miss me?? Probably not, huh? Well, I DID miss you guys, but where we were staying was seriously limited on interwebzzy access and I just couldn't keep up with everything on my little phone. So if I missed something from you, I'm sorry. :( I did my best, but the middle of nowhere apparently doesn't really care much if you can't get interwebz.

Now that our family vacation is over, it really marks the beginning of the end of the summer for us. In less than a month, school starts (6yo heading to first grade! eek!!) and we will be back in our mostly routine life of school, work and home. *sigh*

Because of what we knew the end of our vacation would bring, I was on strict orders (from Husband and the friend we were headed up to visit) that "work" was not invited on this trip. By that I took it to mean day job stuff and I didn't even take my day job stuff with me! BUT I did take Little Greeny and got some revisioning done, though I kept being distracted by things like ATV rides, wild strawberries (omg! so so good!), lounging on the dock, learning to make posole, and LOTS and LOTS of good eating.

Speaking of food, I'm blogging over at Pots 'n Pens today, so swing on over for a peek at my vacation reading, a great YA Contemp book filled with nummy-sounding recipes!

5 comments:

Amanda Bonilla said...

Best vacation, ever! And I didn't even have to leave home! hehe.

Eric said...

Of course we missed you. Sounds like you had a great time. Glad to have you back nonetheless.

Alicia Gregoire said...

Welcome back. I'll be doing that vacation thing very shortly.

Shawntelle Madison said...

Wish I could've joined you on that vacation.

Angie said...

I missed you. Glad you had a great vacation. I know what you mean about summer. It seems like after the Fourth of July, the end comes oh, so quickly. Enjoy it while you can!