Friday, September 16, 2011

Random Stuff Friday

1) It's only Wednesday night as I start my Friday post, but I had to get this down now because I didn't want to forget. Seriously, I do NOT live in the hood. Even if it totally sounds like there are gunshots going off outside right now.

2) It's September now and guess what that means? The tulip bulbs I bought can be planted now! Husband thinks I'm pretty insane since, you know ... I bought 2 packages of bulbs that combined have, oh, a hundred flowers. That's what you get when you buy from Costco. Go big or go home, right? And next spring, I'll hopefully have a little tulip festival right in my front yard!

3) 6yo tried out karate. We had some awesome back to school deal and she got to try out 2 private lessons and now we're "discussing" if she's earned it. One of the rules from the karate master who she was training with? No Fighting. The text message I got from Husband this morning: "Ugh. Kids fighting again." Not sure she's quite figured out this isn't going to help her cause.
4) My sister got a new computer. It's just a tiny little netbook, but it's given me gadget-envy. I want a new computer now. I've only had this one for a year and, well, as much as I love my Little Greeny, I'm about ready for a new one. Plus, I really want to get rid of our HUGE, OLD, LOUD pc. We can just use Little Greeny as the "family" computer. That's what I told Husband. He said something like "add it to your want list. Oh, and how's your Want Stuff savings coming along?" *sigh*

5) Husband's going hunting with a few buddies this weekend. One guy got the elk tag and the others are going along for moral support. Plus, the tag-guy is not exactly what I'd call a total sportsman. I think the last time he shot something hunting Husband and one of the other buddies had to take care of all the game-dressing stuff. Still, Husband's excited. And me? Well, turns out, other than margarita night I've had planned with some girlfriends for ages tonight, the kidlets and I have virtually no plans this weekend. And I'm actually pretty ok with that. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Amanda Bonilla said...

When I saw the Costco logo, I knew this was going to be a good post! Bulk tulip bulbs! Awesome.

Angie said...

Your tulips will look so gorgeous! And hooray for a plan-free weekend. Those can be really nice.

Stephanie McGee said...

LOL on the tulips thing. I am right there with you on gadget envy. My mom this week got a new phone that is actually pretty spiffy, though not a smart phone, and her first ever iPod. Total.gadget.envy.

Hope your weekend's a good one!

Nichole Giles said...

Sounds like you got to rest this weekend. I hope so!

And thanks for reminding me about the tulip thing. I've been meaning to plant some for years, so maybe I'll do that this week.