Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Writing with One (or More) Direction(s)

Well based on feedback, you'll start seeing more of ... everything on the blog! Lol. It wasn't the direction I was thinking I'd get, but it's definitely not One Direction.

Speaking of direction, I've been working on a (sorta) new project. Wrapping up a first draft of a contemporary YA full of summer, funnel cake, and carnival rides. Herein lies the problem: it's so not summer outside and I've lost my direction a bit.

It takes me FOREVER to get my brain back in warm weather mode. I mean, it's December in Utah. Albeit, we've been a little lacking in the snow department, but it's not shorts and tanktop season by any means. I feel like the autumn and winter have misdirected me and now I'm floundering, trying to figure out where I was originally going.

So I'm hunkering down with all my summer songs and playlists, covering my desk with sunshine and carnival ride pictures, and hoping these last few thousands of words just write themselves ... ha! Well, you know what I mean!

What "One Thing" (haha, sorry, couldn't help myself!) do you do to help keep yourself going in the "write" direction? Music? Movies? Video games and tea parties?

1 comment:

Angie said...

Good luck! It can be hard to write a book set in a different season. I've been there. You can do it!