Thursday, February 5, 2009

Old Songs and Half Fans

On my drive into work yesterday morning a song came on and I was immediately inspired. It wasn't the first time I'd heard the song nor will it be the last, but have you ever had that moment of hearing something you've heard a million times and feeling like it is completely new? Mind you, it wasn't a song on the radio, it just came up on the CD that I was listening to and suddenly an entire storyline started playing out in my head. I get into the office and then . . . I am so swamped with work that I can't even keep my spreadsheets straight and I'm scribbling notes to myself on my fluorescent post-its (I LOVE Post-its) so I don't forget anything. After a long day at the office and then a few more hours at home bonding with the spreadsheets, I was finally able to get a few pages of the new story down.

I have faith in it being under 100K words already! Woohoo! To top this off, after a brief chat with a friend we've determined that I am now up to a full 4.5 fans consisting of six people. Yep, that's right. I have a few half fans, but I'll take those anyday! Thanks to everyone who believes in me. This is a long road and it's nice to know I'm not on it alone.

No comments: