Friday, October 8, 2010

Random Stuff Friday

I really need to work on my blogging consistency. I am so sorry, dear friends. I've been a little frazzled lately with far too much on my plate and not near enough of me to deal with it all. *sigh* Such is life for many of us, right? Right. Anyway, welcome to another installment of Random Stuff. Because, well, if it isn't in context, isn't it all random?

1) I LOVE to buy presents for people. I hate giving gift cards or money, it feels so impersonal. We had a close friend's birthday come up and said friend is one of those people who is SO hard to shop for. He's just the sort of guy who - if he really wants something, he'll just buy it himself. So
what do you get a guy who has everything he wants already? Apparently, according to Husband, if that guy is a fisherman, you get him a fishing pole. You can never have too many, I guess.

2) There are, surprisingly, quite a few good sushi places in the Salt Lake Valley (that's Salt Lake City and all the nearby suburbs for non-Utahns). Funny how that is considering Utah's a desert.

3) I have a work trip to San Jose next week. I have another work trip to a very New Jersey part of New York at the end of the month. My first 2 plane rides since the infamous one that helped us discover all the health stuff I've got going on. Needless to say, I'm feeling very anxious.

4) The other day at work I was, yanno, working and suddenly my laptop shut down and
restarted itself. Then it said "Error Loading Operation System." I just got this new work laptop in March. I am not happy about this. Called IT. Problem solved. 2 hours later, laptop shut down, flashed a bright Blue Screen O'Death, then went to restart itself and gave me the same error. You'll all remember what happened to Little Greenie a few weeks back. I am apparently jinxed. Sounds like I need to convert to Apple. If only the budget would allow it. *longingly sigh*

5) Look at this cool thing someone shared with me - a reminder that we always have the weekends to look forward to!


Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Stina said...

I love your random stuff, Windy. You make random exciting . . . unless it's happening to you, I guess.

Good luck with the computer issue. :D

Christine Fonseca said...

No getting hard on yourself! You have tons going on. And dude, I so wish you were coming to San Diego instead!

Unknown said...

So many Saturdays! Yay! I'd love an Apple laptop too. Why oh why must they be so expensive?

Eric said...

This post resonates with me big time today. It's okay though, we can both be sporadic with our posts and it's still okay :)

Oh, and don't go to the dark side! Not all Windoze laptops are terrible. You must just be unlucky lately. Have a nice weekend, and hope your laptop woes disappear.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, an extra weekend...cool! :D

Anonymous said...

That pink post-it was AWESOME!

Good luck with the flights. I'll say a prayer for you!

*hugs* Thanks for lunch today! So great to see you! p.s. I LOVE the notebook!

Carolyn V. said...

Oh no! I detest the blue screen of death! I'm sorry.

Have a great weekend.

The Writer said...

That is SO cool about the 823 year factoid. I wonder if my uncle knows that.

This is a special October, clearly. Wonder what amazing things will happen? :D