Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WiP Wednesday

It's been a while since I wrote a WiP Wednesday post. Well, it's been a long time since I've blogged very consistently, and my apologies for that. My Halloween resolution shall be to improve this.

Anyway, the day job has been killing me recently. We've just closed out our fiscal year, so yeah. There has not been nearly enough writerly time of late. Now into a new year, I get to hit the road some. As you read this, I'm sitting in a conference room in San Jose facilitating a discussion about some stuff and working out how to do some things and figuring out what the important bits of it all is.

I doubt that's what you really wanted to read about though. On the writerly side, I'm swimming in a rewrite of my new contemporary YA affectionately known to Husband as "The Carnival Book." I got to about 65K in it and then something just slammed into me and I was lost, completely uncertain what direction I was to go and there was NO new words coming because of this wall. But since then I've had some time to reflect and I know I need to rewrite this. Wish me luck.

The only thing that doesn't help my ADD is the fact that during this reflection time, I've ended up with thoughts leading to new project ideas in addition to some pivotal points around other wips I've got lying on the back burner.

So yeah, rewriting and oodles of noodley ideas. What have you guys got going? I know I cannot be alone in having tons of new ideas hit when you have zero time to work on them!

3 comments:

Christine Fonseca said...

Great job on new WiP! I am hoping NaNo gets me writing again.

Pam Harris said...

Good luck on your rewrites! I'm finishing up revisions for an agent (which I plan to send this weekend), then I'm going to start outlining a project idea for NaNoWriMo. It's my goal to actually finish it this time. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate it when new ideas tempt me when I have work to do. They're all shiny and beautiful and my WIP looks all dusty and lame. =P Good luck taming the ideas and revising the WIP!