Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recent Reads: Love You, Hate You, Miss You / Shiver


Book: Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
Book Count: 28

After a horrific car accident leaves Amy's best friend Julia dead, Amy's parents send her to rehab where a therapist there asks her to keep a journal. In it, she writes letters to Julia, counting the days since Julia's death. Through these letters, Amy remembers Julia for who she was, and who she doesn't remember her being.

As always, Elizabeth Scott's writing is compelling and emotional. Another great read.


Book: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Book Count: 29

So I heard a little about this book on Twitter, from agents who found it to be amazing. I saw it at the bookstore. The cover was interesting, but didn't tell me anything. Then I read the inside jacket. OMG. I had to get it.

Grace has watched the wolves who live in the woods around her home since she was a little girl. One wolf in particular, with yellow eyes, seems to always be there, watching her back. Her wolf. He is there every winter, watching, protecting. One day Grace meets Sam. A boy with yellow eyes and she knows he is her wolf. But as the winter approaches, Sam must fight the shiver to keep from losing himself and Grace forever.

So good. If you haven't read this one yet, go get it. Read it. Really.

3 comments:

Rebecca L Sutton said...

I have both of these books, I just haven't had the time to read them yet since I have so many books waiting to be read. I'm dying to read Shiver since my sister LOVED it. Thanks for sharing!

Elana Johnson said...

Ooh, new books for my list. I haven't read either of them--or even heard of them. Thanks!

Tana said...

Both books sounds great. Love the cover of Shiver.