Thursday, August 6, 2009

What's In The Bag??

Just something for you to think about today, as I'm (again) out of town with work. (I know you are all TOTALLY jealous I'm going to spend 2 days traveling for a 1 day meeting, but *sigh* what do ya do?)

Since I have this trip I'm currently on and another trip next week, I decided I'd clean out my purse so I could travel in a semi-Zen state, yanno, where I could find my passport at check-in and know where my wallet is and stuff. Wow, I couldn't believe the things in there. It was like a treasure chest, full of things I didn't even realize I had, a bunch of stuff I thought I'd lost and yanno, just stuff!


Maybe this is why so many of my thoughts were jumbled up and all over the place and I felt like I had writer's block on the current wip. My working notebook has to live in here! If I was my notebook, I'd be all jumbled up and easily confused too! (Not that I'm not anyway, but that's a whole other post.)

So I've decluttered and reorganized and determined what my MUST-Haves were. This is what was in my purse when I got onto the plane:



Sorry for literally dumping all that on ya, but wow, I can't tell you how much that helped clear my head.

2 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

I got a new purse about a month ago and it's small. It only has one pocket and I can't fit even a notebook in it. So I downsized to a smaller notebook and really cleaned everything out. Since it's so small, I can't carry junk around in it. So I am zen too. Good luck on your trip!

Tana said...

I love it when I finally get around to cleaning my purse. It really does feel like I've cleared my head.